After reading several articles from HGTV and attending a seminar on new trends for housing, here is a summary of ideas to stimulate your imagination.
10 Design Trends for 2018
- Colorful Kitchens, with cabinets that are not gray or white
- Bolder saturated colors like deep blues, or softer colors reflective of nature like celadon, birch bark, hyacinth violet, and sky blue.
- Rose gold accessories instead of brass
- More metallic in wallpaper, tiles, and accessories. Quartz countertops now come with silver in them to reduce the risk of salmonella.
- Disappearance of appliances in stainless steel by using paneling to make kitchens look more spacious
- More curved and softer lines in furniture
- Wallpaper is coming back with more nature-inspired prints and modern geometric patterns
- Open plan dining creates a sense of flow and brings socializing back to the dining table
- Islands in the kitchen that look like furniture
- Walk-in pantries for small appliances, dishes, and “stuff” which clutter kitchen counters and make the “open concept” not as attractive